Thursday, May 11, 2006

Welcome!

Hello!

My name is Kelsey, and I'm a junior in highschool. I am a sister to seven siblings, five of which became a part of our family through adoption. I created this blog in response to questions I've been asked regarding large families and adoption. There are a lot of misconceptions floating around, and I'm hoping a little glimpse into our daily life as a large, Christian, transracial family, will help clear a few things up. I'm planning on asking my siblings to contribute entries from the unique perspective of an adoptee. I look forward to sharing travel stories, resources, FAQ's, and speculations with you all.

Pictured Below:
Tekle age 4 --home forever from Ethiopia on Dec. 10, 2005--posing near the lake
Janaya age 12--the cute one looking like she should be in an ipod commercial
Aaron Tariku 18 months --home forever from Ethiopia in May of 2005--the sweetest little toddler around!
Lacy age 8 --Black shirt and "I'm too cool for pictures" look on her face ;)



Peter age 22 (today!)-- --he's wearing the blue striped shirt
Jesse age 20 ----wearing the gray shirt
Isaac age 14 ----wearing the blue Nike shirt
and myself in the black t-shirt



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your parents white or black? Not that it matters much. Also, you know what, you are a good person and your family looks happy. I am happy for you. Not everyone is like you and people dont always see a person beyond color. I pray that you will always have the heart you have now.

KelseyChristine said...

My parents are both white. Thanks for the kind words about my family!

Fran Shaw said...

Kelsey,
first, your parents must be so proud of you. I am a parent to 3 boys, (8,6,3) and we are waiting to travel to Ethiopia to meet our son (4) and daughter 3. It was great to read your blogs, and understand this family addition from my kids point of view. You have a great head on your shoulders, and a wonder sense of what the word family really means. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of what my children can expect.
Fran Shaw, NC

Kimberley said...

Your an amazing writer....so WRITE WRITE WRITE ! Your perspective on things is more intellectual than most adults after long years of what should be "experience"...Be proud!