Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Aaron's Adoption Story Part III: Location, Location, Location


We knew from the start that we would like to adopt from Africa. The need was so great and we felt a strong connection to the continent. We had awesome experiences hosting members of different African choirs when they were touring the US, and Jesse had traveled to South Africa a few years back. Not to mention Isaac, Janaya, and Lacy's African American heritage. We never really considered anywhere else. Initially, the plan was to adopt from Liberia. However, we were advised to switch to Ethiopia because of instability in the Liberian program at the time. It was hard to shift our focus to Ethiopia after having Liberia in our hearts for so long, but it turns out God was just leading us to the kids that were meant to be ours!

4 comments:

Bek said...

Thanks for your comments...

I read your blog w/ interest. It is wonderful to see how much you love your siblings and how involved your whole family is in the process. Your parents did a great job....I hope I can do a good job w/ my kids too. Thanks for teaching me....

Thankfulmom said...

You have a wonderful blog! We share your love for Ethiopia and are very excited to travel to bring our little ones home.

Kimberley said...

It is comforting to know that there is still some greatness and kindness in our world. I read your blog daily for inspiration and a smile. You have an amzing wisdom at your age I'd love to see you in ten years...

Susy Q said...

It's Susanna again...just wanted to let you know that I was inspired to create my own blog. It's http://bigsisdiaries.blogspot.com. Thanks again for the inspiration!