Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Today was Tekle's first Halloween in America! He has been excited for WEEKS. I ended up having to take Aaron and Tekle trick-or-treating because my dad had to take the older kids to their friend's houses, and my mom needed to stay home and pass out candy. Luckily kids under the age of 5 are okay with only going a few blocks, so I still got to go out afterwards :)

Tekle was hilarious... We walked up to one house and a couple with scary masks on answered the door. Tekle went flying down the steps and hid behind a tree.I explained to him that they were just dressed up, and he said "I know", but still wouldn't budge. The lady took off her mask and when Tekle saw what was underneath he grinned in relief.

As we were walking away from the house he asked "Why do people wanna dress up so scary?" I told him they think it's fun. He said "Well THIS boy from Ethiopia does NOT think it's fun!!!"




2 comments:

Bek said...

That is so cute. I love how he talks in third person.

"this boy from Ethiopia".... :-)

5KidMom said...

I agree with him completely!!!!!

I think you're a great big sister. 8^)