Friday, December 01, 2006

Just a Tree?


There has been some intense debate going on in our house regarding the Christmas tree. My dad has been pushing for an artificial tree this year. He thinks it would be easier (no pine needles on the floor), and that it would be a smart one-time investment.

I on the other hand think an artificial tree would ruin Christmas.

Just kidding.

But I am adamantly opposed to having a fake tree. It would break tradition--we have always had real trees! I love the smell of pine...it is such a classic Christmas scent. Plus I have very fond memories of crawling under the tree to water it when I was little. How could my dad even consider taking that experience away from Tekle and Aaron??

Well as of tonight, the tree is up.

And it's real!

Now the issue can be put to rest.

Until next year.




4 comments:

Chanda said...

Kelsey,
I saw in a post a while ago that you were looking for good kids books for your Ethiopian brothers. I don't know if you know about this site, but they have books in English and in Amharic!
http://silverchicks.zoovy.com/category/charitableorganizations.ebcefbooksforchildren/

Thanks for your posts - I've loved reading them!

KelseyChristine said...

Thank you so much Chanda!! I hadn't heard of that site before.

Bradshaws said...

I LOVE that fist pic!
Priceless
KT

Kimberley said...

FRAME these ...