Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sick Day

I woke up on Monday and started getting ready for school. Then I made the mistake of opening my window... it was GORGEOUS outside. All of a sudden I felt a little sick ***cough***


Kelsey: "Mom, look how beautiful it is outside! I don't feel very good..." (grinning)

Mom: "You look pretty perky to me"

Senioritus is the worst. For those of you who aren't familiar with the disorder Wikepedia defines it as follows:

Senioritis is a term used colloquially in the United States and Canada to describe the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their high school or college careers. It is typically said to include slowness, procrastination, apathy regarding school work, and a tendency toward truancy.




DISCLAIMER: I'm really not a terrible student! This post and the "Day in My Life" post both make it seem like I don't do very much school work. It's just that I have an easy "senior" schedule after getting all the hard stuff out of the way last year. I'm actually graduating with honors :)



We decided that the best cure for my illness would be a picnic. It was so relaxing! It was amazing to be outside and feel the sun again, and I loved having lots time to just enjoy Aaron and Tekle.




















My mom found a note later in the day that said:

Dear Mom,

Since Kelsey skipped school today, can I stay home tomorrow?

Thanks,

Lacy

I set such a great example...oops.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, you and your whole family have been very busy. There are a lot more post here from the last time I stopped by. I really am jealous of the large family life style you have.

Heather

Thanks for the nice comment about my photography. Love catching up with your blog!

momteacherfriend said...

Kelsey-
God has done an amazing work in my life. There is Chrysalis all over the United States and even in many countries of the world. Email me at momteacherfriend@yahoo.com and I will get you any info you may wish. Plus it would be great to just chat with you. Have a blessed day!

momteacherfriend said...

Oh and on the whole Senioritis thing. I had the disease as well. Amazingly it went it away shortly after graduation. Unfortunately it kept me away from school at times :P

Susy Q said...

I hear you! This week was absolutely gorgeous, and I wanted nothing more than to skip school and spend the day outside. Unfortunately, as I'm a sophomore, I have a while to go before it's acceptable for me to be diagnosed with senioritus :-(. I'm glad you enjoyed your day though!