Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!



Yesterday was my dad's birthday. April 14 also happens to be the day that Lincoln was assasinated, the Titanic sunk, and some years it's even the day that taxes are due.

We celebrated with a barbeque.






Janaya and I made the fruit salad:















Peter and Jesse grilled:















And Baker's Square made the desert:

















My dad is the best. He does so much for me and the entire family... he just gives and gives and gives.

He's the kind of dad who always lets me have the good side of the tennis court (where the sun doesn't shine in my eyes).


Lacy's card says it best:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It´s the first time I spend some time "looking blogs"
I like the colors of your blog!
[sorry for my english, Im a peruvian girl :)]

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....that is so cute.

Watch said...

1st x on your blog. Loved it 100%. Noticed lots of love around you. Yep! Your dad must be good as you said. How I know? If 17 yrs old testified for her dad this good, he must be an angle-(with no wing). Trust me I know.
I love Jesus too.

KelseyChristine said...

Thanks for reading/commenting everybody :)

cathy said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. S! With love, the Engstroms!

Journey to Mia said...

Happy Birthday Dad! Lacy's card is so cute! Food looks good too!! Yummy!

Courtney said...

I saw your comment on the Engstrom's blog... I know them through adoption stuff. Then I noticed on your info that you're into IJM. My husband and I are involved in abolishing trafficking and we're hosting a benefit concert at our church in Castle Rock , CO on May 4th. Not sure if you live in Colorado or not. Anyway, it should be an awesome time, email me if you want more info.
Later,
Courtney O

KelseyChristine said...

Hi courtney,

I tried to click on your blog, but it wouldn't show up.

The IJM event sounds really cool! Unfortunately, I don't live in CO. Thanks for the invite though--they are such an amazing organization.