Sunday, May 27, 2007

Tellek Wendim (Big Brother)



Tekle and Aaron absolutely idolize Jesse. He is their definition of "cool". They want to wear hats like him, drive a car like him, and the best way to convince them to finish their dinner is to say "If you wanna be strong like Jesse you had better eat your ____!". The love is reciprocal--Jesse adores Tekle and Aaron too.

Jesse and I show our love to the boys a little differently. I give lots of hugs and kisses, tell them everything they do is amazing, and play a pretty nurturing/protective role. Jesse on the other hand, play-fights with them, throws them into the air, and tells them to "be tough" when they aren't as hurt as their whining would lead us to believe.

Whenever I say "Guess what?!" Tekle and Aaron yell back "I LOVE YOU!" because they know that's what I'm going to say. When Jesse says "Guess what?!" They yell back "CHICKEN BUTT!".

It's all the same message though :)





4 comments:

Scarlett_333 said...

Aww, this makes me wish I had a big brother (or a big sister, really)

-Nikki
http://destastory.blogspot.com/

cathy said...

What else are big brothers for? Thanks for always posting such fun details!

Chris Brooks said...

That Jesse...he has a way with kids. Probably because he is one! Cute blog K.

pat2006 said...

Love the interaction between your sons. What a fun blog!

Addison's Mom