Sunday, September 02, 2007

Off to College

Friday night was my last night living at home. I kept thinking of all the things I was going to miss and wondering how in the world I was going to survive without seeing Aaron everyday. Tekle kept asking how long I was going to be gone. "Forever" seemed like a pretty harsh answer, so I just told him that he didn't need to worry because I will visit a lot!! Lacy wrote me a really sweet note;

Dear Kelsey,
I love you
Don't be sad be happy.
I will call you everyday
If I miss a day I'm sorry
So don't cry
I love you

P.S. Wake me up when you get up
P.S. When you read this don't cry

















I'm not allowed to go home for five weeks, so I will definitely miss my family. They promised to visit though! I'm anxious, I'm nervous, but I'm also excited. It's going to be an adventure...

8 comments:

Scarlett_333 said...

Totally know how you feel- I moved in to my university yesterday! Already I am getting homesick, but the nights are usually worst when I just want to curl up in my own bed and go to sleep in peace! Overall, it is going okay. I'm sure that you will slide into the new schedule easily and hopefully being busy will keep your mind off missing them!

Susy Q said...

Good luck!!!!

Kimberley said...

My it has been a while..I had all most forgoten how much your site made me smile (from the inside out) I want to wish you the best of luck but somehow I dont think you will need it in the least. You are goung to literally "soar" I know you will miss your family but even in that area you will be A-OK! I love this new lay out and everyone has grown so so much! You are just an inspiration PERIOD. My daughter who is 16 LOVES your site as well. She all most lways tears up when she reads it (from bliss) She is going to adopt when shes older. She has said that since she ould talk. Please tell your mom and dad something I am positive they are all ready aware of. They did a beautiful job with YOU! Good luck sweety. God bless and look over you and fill you with inspiration and happiness!

Ms. KIM

momteacherfriend said...

God bless you Kelsey!
May your college experience be all that you dream it will be. I pray the Lord will protect your heart as you venture into new and unfamiliar territory. Today is the the beginning of the rest of your life, embrace it.

Chris Brooks said...

I'm glad I know you!

dawn said...

Best wishes on your new adventure! Hope you'll keep us up-to-date.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on entering this new and exciting phase of your life! I am sure that you are LOVING it at this point and hope nothing but great memories for you over the next few years!

KelseyChristine said...

Hey Kelsey--

We're missing you here--even with your visits. I knew you wouldn't make it 5 weeks!!! I love you!!

Mom