Monday, November 19, 2007

Tekle is SIX!



I think that traveling to Ethiopia to bring Tekle home has given me a special perspective on each milestone he reaches. It's incredible to think back over the last two years and realize how much has happened in his life. The smiley kid he is today is very different than the scared, somber little boy from our referral pictures.



He started kindergarten in September and is loving it. I'm guessing he will be reading soon because he's already trying to decipher every word he sees. He also started hockey recently and said his favorite thing about this year was "being a Dinomight". He is so sweet and is very protective of the people he loves. My Mom was teasing me the other day about visiting so often, and Tekle was like "Mom she needs to come home, this is her REAL house. Kelsey, I want you to visit!" He hasn't been too happy with me not living at home, and one day asked me angrily "Why'd you even sign up for college??". He's adjusting fine though and loves to come visit me at school--in fact that was his other favorite thing about this last year :)

I love that kid so much! He's basically incredible.

What a smile...

2 comments:

Scarlett_333 said...

Aww, he is so gorgeous. That is so cute what he said about signing up for college, hehe. I have never seen his referal picture before- wow, what a change!
Hope you're having a good year so far away at school!
Nikki

momteacherfriend said...

Definitely a transformation from sober to smiley. Cute kid. Happy Birthday Tekle!