Monday, January 28, 2008

Good-bye Jesse!



Jesse got on a plane this Saturday for Johannesburg, South Africa. He's going to be there for 10 days, and then fly to Namibia to study for a semester. He is beyond excited! We are excited for him too of course, but everyone is definitely going to miss him. Especially me. I actually **cried** at the airport (how embarrassing!). That may partly have been because I hadn't slept in 24 hours--Jesse and I decided to stay up all night on Friday. He had a lot of packing to do (yup he waited until the night before) and when he finished we went to Denny's at 3:00am. It was delicious!

When Jesse and I were younger we used to fight constantly, but ever since high school we have been best friends. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 3 months! I am so glad that he has this opportunity though, and I know he is going to love it.

Aaron is pretty funny. When he would hear Jesse telling people he's going to Africa he would say knowingly, "Yeah Africa, I've been there before. I was born there!" The day Jesse left he kept pretending he was going on an airplane to visit him.

Jesse will be writing a blog all about his experiences at namibiapolis.blogspot.com if you're interested!

4 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

Very cool.

Scarlett_333 said...

That's awesome! What program is he going with? I was thinking of doing this in my 3rd or 4th year...

Nikki

KelseyChristine said...

Hey Nikki,

Umm that's a good question--I know he's doing it through our college, but there are other students from around the country going too. I will ask him and then get back to you :)

Scarlett_333 said...

Thanks so much!