Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!







My Mom is amazing. Every year she makes a really nice Valentines dinner for us complete with candles and heart shaped notes on each of our plates. This year Tekle made finger painted hearts for everyone in the family too. You would think that the atmostphere was set for a nice, peaceful dinner...however, somehow my mom's suggestion to "say something you love about the person sitting next to you", turned into an intense "Yo Mama" battle between Isaac, Janaya, and Lacy.

Here are some of their favorites:

"Yo mama is so fat she can't even jump to a conclusion"
"Yo mama is so fat, your dad said it was chilly outside and she ran outside with a spoon"
"Yo mama is so fat when the waiter brings her the menu, she looks at it and says 'yes'"




It was a pretty funny night. Isaac explained to my Mom that he didn't have a gift for her because for some reason they didn't make Valentines arts and crafts at school. He sincerely couldn't seem to figure out why that was...
---Isaac is a SOPHOMORE IN HIGH SCHOOL!

Earlier when we were going around the table reading the cards our Mom gave us, Aaron (3) insisted that he could read his own. His version went something like this
"Dear Aaron,
Thanks for being a Timberwolves basketball player and for getting cool jump shots
Love, Mom"


Tekle is so fun to tease about Valentines Day. He is in first grade so he is at the stage where girls are gross and nothing disgusts him more then romance. He told me "How many times do I have to tell you? I hate girls!" Then he paused and thought for a second and added "Well I just like my family girls" aw... :)

3 comments:

Scarlett_333 said...

Hehehe. Your family sounds like so much fun!

Amanda said...

Ive bean reading your blog and love it! I'm in a family of 7, so I know just how those "Peaceful dinners" go:-)

Christine said...

I love the "Yo mama" jokes! Your family looks like they have lots of fun!