Monday, February 11, 2008

Quotable Moments



Heart-warming, sad, funny-- these quotes are a little bit of everything!

Aaron is a sensitive little kid. He started crying the other day because there was a sad song on Spongebob. Later, my dad was relating what had happened to my mom in the car and Aaron chimed in from the back seat, "I have a BIG heart ". Yes he does :)


Tekle was looking through our agency's adoption magazine and asking where all the kids were adopted from. He was kind of in awe of all the different countries and then said "our family's not from lots of different places." I was like "Yeah, we kinda are". And he said "No, just Ethiopia". So I had to explain to him that we weren't ALL from Ethiopia. I told him where Lacy was from, and he asked "do they have shoes and socks there?" I told him yeah, and that her city is pretty similar to our city. He got really upset and said "That's not fair! The ground was really hot in Ethiopia and we needed shoes!"


Mom: "I'm pretty cool huh?"
Aaron: "No, you have to be black to be cool!"

Aaron, Tekle and I were playing Sorry (the boardgame) and were counting the spaces we moved ahead in Amharic. Aaron got eight so we counted, ahnd, hulet, sost, arat, amist, sidist, sabbat, semment--and then he shouted, "SEMMENT! Some mints are what you eat!"

Ok, so I'm not sure if this stuff is actually as adorable as I think it is. I may be blinded because I'm their big sister and I think almost everything they say is cute...

4 comments:

Scarlett_333 said...

Awww, I think it is adorable!! I love hearing the funny things little kids say. That is so cute that Aaron cried at a sad song in Spongebob!!

PrincessMax said...

Yup. That's pretty cute. I especially like the hot ground in Ethiopia.

Mandy said...

Kids do say the cutest things!

Mayhem said...

Nah, I don't think you're blinded. They are pretty darn cute!

I've been reading your blog for a few months, and really appreciate all you've written here! You seem like a wonderful sister from a great family, and an intelligent, warm-hearted woman!