Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Feeling Pretty Loved

My parents had a fun little going away/early birthday BBQ for me this weekend! It was really interesting to see how the party brought together people from so many different areas of my life. There were friends from high school, friends from church, friends I've known almost my whole life, newer friends, relatives, and a van full of Dinomights. There were babies, toddlers, grade schoolers, middle schoolers, high schoolers, college students, graduate students, adults, and my sweet grandparents. It really made me appreciative of the incredible community I have here. How did I get so lucky to have all of these amazing people in my life?













The adorable face above is Edward, and he is someone I am going to miss A LOT this summer! I tutor Edward through Dinomights and he is a total sweetheart. I have had so much fun getting to know him better this last year. He is one of the most pure-hearted, thoughtful, generous, and hilarious kids that I know. He is ALWAYS thinking about others. I remember one time we went to Dairy Queen and he ordered a kids meal. Most kids get those primarily for the treat right? Well Edward decided to only eat his hot dog so that he could save the chips and ice cream for his two little brothers at home. Also, whenever someone gave him candy at school on a Tuesday (tutoring day), he would make sure to save me a piece in his pocket. Edward tells some of the most amazing superhero stories you will ever hear, and one time told be that if I wanted, I could just call him "Speedy Boy". We have had so much fun this year with intense Connect Four Competitions, "Hip-Hop Sundays", BBQ's, and a trip to the zoo. His love for life and people makes him a joy to be around, and he has taught me more than I'm sure he'll ever realize. I am already looking forward to hanging out more in the fall!




FOUR days till I leave!! Crazy.........

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow- Four days??!!! I can't imagine how excited you must be! I will have to go bookmark your Mexico blog so I can follow along! That is so sweet that your parents threw your a birthday/going away party- it looks fun! HAVE FUN!! I will be following along (when you get time to post!)

Mandy said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the BBQ! Like Nikki, I can't wait to follow along on your other blog. Have a wonderful time and safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Speedy boy must be an adorable one =) May i know your birthday date is, Kelsey? You're so lucky having these wonderful people around in special days of yours =) Coz i never had those birthday moments for all my life =( Oh, and don't forget to tell us the whole story about the up coming 'big day'. Ok. Keep rockin'! ~SELLY

Nikki said...

Kelsey- If I'm not mistaken, you leave tomorrow!! Have an amazing time (I know you will!) and I can't wait to hear all about it and see photos of the cuties!

KelseyChristine said...

Thank you so much Nikki! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your DR trip too!

And Selly, my bday is June 5 :)So it will be around my second week at the ranch!