Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Few More Details

Thank you all for the congrats! We are so very, very excited. In the words of Aaron:

"She is so cute! I want her to come home RIGHT NOW!"

My sentiments exactly.

To answer Nikki's question, no, unfortunately I do not get to travel this time. My Mom is going for sure and we are hoping that the finances work out so that my Dad can travel too. I want to go so, so, so, bad!! Although I got to have the trip of a lifetime when my Mom and I brought Tekle home, so I guess I should be happy that my Dad might get to have the same experience :)

Here's a little bit more about Z:

~She likes dolls
~She likes balls
~She is described as calm, sweet, and quiet (Hopefully she isn't too intimidated by her not-so-calm-and-quiet-but-still-very-sweet siblings! Although my Mom says she needs a more laid back kid to balance the rest of us...)
~Zenebech and Aaron may be "virtual twins" if she is closer to 3.5...but if she's 2.5 she will be the baby of the family.

I will share more details as we learn more about her. We are using AAI this time (although we still love CHSFS), so hopefully we will get a few pictures/updates from other traveling families.

And this is a little off topic, but I thought I'd share a sweet moment between Tekle and Aaron that happened last night when we were reading stories before bed...



Aaron: "Can I come on your bed too?"

Tekle: "Sure"

Aaron: "Thanks! I really love Tekle. He's a nice brother. He put my band-aid on for me today. And I put his stickers (on the sticker chart) on for him today too! What do you say for that Tekle?"

Tekle: "Uhh that was nice..."

Aaron: [insert 'mommy' voice] "Do you say thank-you?"

Tekle: "Thanks dude"

And then Aaron smiled a very satisfied sort of smile :)

4 comments:

Jim & Laurel said...

Congrats on the new sis! Yea!

I got a new title recently, for our kids that are so close in age ... "virtual twins", of which we now have 2 sets.

Blessings,

Laurel

Nikki said...

Aww, she sounds adorable. And I love that little conversation between Aaron and Tekle, hehe that is so cute!!!

KelseyChristine said...

Laurel,

Virtual twins sounds waaay better than "artificial twins"! That term has always made me cringe a little bit. I'm going to edit my post and use 'virtual' instead...

thanks!

Jennifer said...

I never get tired of checking in on you and your family... I can't wait to hear more about your little sister.
Congratulations to your whole family.