Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm Going to Have to Change the Name of My Blog



Because I have a new SISTER!!!!!!

I have been dying to share the news, but had to wait until things were more "official".

She is between 2.5 and 3.5 years old years old and waiting for us in Ethiopia.

I wish I could share pictures, but we have to wait until we are through court in Ethiopia. Let me tell you, Z is GORGEOUS. She has huge brown eyes, amazingly long eyelashes, and adorable chubby cheeks!She is just beautiful and seems to have an inherant grace about her... We sent her picture to Jesse in Namibia, and he said he almost started crying when he opened the document. Jesse is a very unemotional guy, so it was very touching. Jesse also told us that Z is the new screensaver on his computer--he's such a proud big brother!

We got her file and the news that our agency considers her ours last night (along with new PICTURES!) Needless to say, my Mom is feeling pretty blessed this Mother's Day :)

Welcome to the family sweet girl!!

19 comments:

Matthew and Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can hardly wait to see the rest of her photo! I will be praying for your family that court will go quickly and smoothly.

Amanda

Mandy said...

That is awesome news!!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see her pictures. I hope everything goes smoothly so she can join your family of 11! :-)

Andrea said...

That's amazing news!!
Congrats to you all. It will indeed be a wonderful Mother's day for your mom!
Blessings
Andrea

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh!!! Kelsey- that is so exciting!!! I can't wait to see the photos and hear all about her when the time comes. Will you be going with your parents to Ethiopia to bring her home? EEK!

Selly Emmy Nancy said...

God bless your family, Kelsey. Zenebech is one lucky little girl. Can't wait to see her picture. I did the same thing like Jesse did when i got my youngest sister. I had showed her picture to everyone in my class 10 years a go. Lol
Just happy for having a bless in the family =) ~Selly

5KidMom said...

WOW!! YAY!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Being a big sister/brother is an amazing thing. Being a parent again is even better! Happy Mother's Day, Kelsey's Mom!!!!!!

COMFORT ZONE said...

Oh, i almost forget....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to your mother, Kelsey. One of the hardest job in the world is being a mother...Salute ~Selly

Leslie said...

Congratulations!!!

Susy Q said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! What amazing news!! I can't WAIT to hear more.

Wish your mom an extra extra EXTRA special Mother's Day!!!!

Maia said...

Congratulations, Kelsey & Family! How exciting, and what a great Mother's Day present for your Mom! Will be praying for a speedy court in Africa.

Maia
maia-familytimes.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

wow that's amazing!
Congradulations! Can't wait to see a picture!

Journey to Mia said...

Holy Cow! Congratulations!

dawn said...

So exciting!!! Congratulations!!

The Lewis Brothers said...

Wow. God is good! I'm so excited for y'all!! Hope she'll travel soon!

Bingaling said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats to your whole family!
Chanda

momteacherfriend said...

Woohoo!
That is awesome news Kelsey. I know you have been praying her home for a long time. Hopefully she gets to come soon.
Enjoy Mexico.

FrogMom said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Melanie said...

I'm a little late...but OH my gosh!!!!! How exciting!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

shell said...

How exciting!! Congrats!