Sunday, September 28, 2008

What We Should All Know About HIV

(thanks Erin for letting us use your info!)

HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging,


kissing,






shaking hands,



sharing toys,


sneezing, coughing,


sharing food,


sharing drinks,


bathing,





or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles).

- HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives.

- People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. If anyone wants more info on transmission, there is great info on the Center for Disease Control website at http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/transmission.htm

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hi,

I found your blog through another one, and I think your post on HIV has a lot of meaning. There's still alot of misconceptions about the virus that needs to be dismantled.

Your siblings are very cute btw!

Angela said...

I LOVE this post! You are so creative! :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog as well! I found you through Erin's... How did you find me? :)

momteacherfriend said...

A little education can go a long way. Very nicely done.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your mind!!!! (Not in the Sylar on Heroes kind of way, but more in the impressed kind of way)
What a great way to teach!

Anonymous said...

Would you mind contacting me? I can't seem to find your email address on your blog and I have a question about this post. Thanks! ~Beth (hibethany@gmail.com)

KelseyChristine said...

haha LOL Jennifer :)