Friday, September 05, 2008

Re-Entering the World of Blogging

Both of my blogs have been pretty neglected this summer, but I think I'm finally ready to start writing again!

Three months in Mexico was an experience of a lifetime! It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done, but also the most rewarding. I was able to see incredible transformations in some of the kids this summer, and I experienced love in a whole new way. I learned a ton, grew a lot as a person, and am so grateful that I was able to share my summer with some of the most amazing kids on the planet. I'm sure I will be talking a lot about everyone at Miracle Ranch as I continue writing this blog because they are such a huge part of my life now. As if I wasn't blessed enough with my awesome family, now I have 27 more brothers and sisters in Valle de las Palmas!




Z NEWS:


Unfortunately, we DID end up getting stuck in the Ethiopian court closure, but the good news is we now have a court date! It's October 15, and if all goes well my parents will be traveling 4-6 weeks later. This process has dragged on longer than we would have liked, but we see the beautiful light at the end of the tunnel! Families have sent us new pictures which is so helpful. I can't wait to be able to share them...until then, here's a pic of the outfit Z was wearing in one of the most recent pics. It makes me smile! :) Homemade-multicolored, Bunny-rabbit overalls and purple tights...



And here's a few pics of some of my other siblings, since I'm allowed to show you their faces!




Last but not least, I stole a few videos of Aaron off of Leah's Blog because he is just too cute...

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Welcome back! I am looking forward to reading again!

Maia said...

I am glad that you are back to blogging - welcome! I look forward to hearing more about your amazing summer.

Christopher B. Brooks said...

WELCOME HOME!

Dave and Rae said...

The pictures of your family are amazing!

As a fellow adoptive parent, I thought to write and tell you about the new guest home in Ethiopia specifically for adoptive parents and volunteer groups for the benefit of orphans in Ethiopia. Now that it is up and running, we would love to share the vision with other adoptive parents. You can see more at http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com.

If you would like to post a link, send me an email at dave@ethiopiaguesthome.com and I’ll forward you the information.

Blessings,

Dave McIlrath, MA
Orphan Advocate
Ethiopia Guest Home
More Than a Place to Stay
www.ethiopiaguesthome.com