Thursday, December 04, 2008

Mexico :)




I had an absolutely wonderful, amazing, beautiful 10 days with my kids at the ranch. I loved showing up and truly feeling like a part of the family. They put me to work immediately--the first day they had me clean out the little house I stayed in for part of the summer and move back in with all the little girls!

Seeing the kids again was perfect. We were all deliriously excited to see each other. We hugged and laughed and spun around and played and just celebrated the fact that we were together again. Of course, one of the first things the little girls asked me was "Are we going to read stories tonight?".

I told her that OF COURSE we were, and that I have missed storytime soo much since returning to the United States.
The one thing that was a little hard was explaining the time frame of my stay...since I was there for 3 months this summer a lot of the littlest ones were under the impression that I was back to stay. That's something I struggle with the most when I go to the ranch--I have to be yet another person in their lives who leaves them behind. They have already had moms, dads, aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, and even brothers and sisters walk out on them. They have learned not to expect consistency. But I tell them that I will be always come back and I think some of them are finally starting to believe it.

Ahh I love them!! I love them, I love them, I love them! And now I have to settle in for a long 7 months until I can see them again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You truly are an incredible, loving and sensitive soul!!!!