Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Family Pic

So I've been trying for years to get a good family picture. I mean, I'm not asking for us to all put on matching shirts and head to Proex or anything, but is a smile (or at least not goofy faces), and eyes directed at the camera REALLY so much to ask?? I've seen families bigger than ours accomplish it...

Here are our most recent attempts from Easter and Grandma's house (and YES I did use the fact that we were at my grandma's house to my advantage...my Grandma sweetly asked Jesse "Well if you won't do it for Kelsey, will you at least take a nice picture for me?" hehehe):


This one is actually pretty good! I mean aside from the fact that Zeni looks like her head hurts, Aaron looks like he's intimidating someone, Isaac's eyes are closed, Tekle's not looking, and Jesse's smile isn't exactly genuine...



Jesse thinks he's a superhero.



Zenebesh is distracting everyone with her funny face--it looks like everyone just thinks it's cute...shows how seriously they take my dreams geeeeeeeeeeeeesh.



Something was happening slightly to the left...



If we were the kind of family that sent out Christmas cards, this would probably be it. At least everyone's looking (or almost looking).

.

7 comments:

Christopher B. Brooks said...

I love your family.

Mandy said...

Those are all fun pictures that capture the fun spirit of the kids. =)

Amber said...

ha!ha!ha! I thought it was hard with just 3. You deserve some kind of an award. Your family is beautiful even when they are not all looking (laugh).

Andrea H. said...

Those are really cool family pictures. They look different than the average family picture but I am sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

Mark and Julie Smith, et al said...

HI ,
linked my way to you guys.
love the pics!
are praying about going back to ethiopia and building our family to 10 or 12. would love to chat sometime. is there a way to connect through a blog?
smiles, julie in va

The Brothers said...

A truly beautiful family, indeed!

KelseyChristine said...

Hey Julie,

Feel free to email my mom at
csundbergmn@ yahoo.com

I'm sure she'd love to connect with you!