Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stories of the Week


So the other day after I asked Lacy about the demographics of her friends (after I interviewed Isaac for his post) and she answered:
Do you want me to NAME all the countries my friends are from?! Somalia, Mexico, Laos, Korea, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Algeria, Chicago....
haha. I guess I can't say too much about Lacy's geography skills because up until about eighth grade I believed Hawaii and Alaska were islands right next to each other just below the United States--that's what it looked like on the map!! I guess I never wondered how two drastically different climates could be located so close to each other...
Apparantly ALL of the girls in our family have geography issues--Janaya just realized this week that New Mexico is part of the United States.

Earlier this week Zeni and I were going on a walk and suddenly she stopped in her tracks, grabbed my shirt, and yelled in a very distressed voice "Kelsey LOOK!"...I looked where she was pointing and saw a shiny light blue convertible..."Cool car huh Zeni??" And she replied "Nooooo! Sad!!! It's broken!!". And all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with sympathy for that poor family with the missing roof on their car...

And to prove that I can embarass myself on my blog too:
It has been established in my family that I have plenty of talents, but cooking doesn't happen to be one of them. It's not that I try cooking but then the food turns out gross, it's just that I never do it--so my cooking/food preparation knowledge is pretty remedial. The other day my dad asked me to cut up some ham. I had remembered seeing him cut meat before with some type of machine, and since there was something that I thought looked like a machine sitting on the counter, I innocently asked "Do you want me to cut it with this meat-cutting thing?"...First he just looked at me blankly, then burst out laughing. Turns out the "meat cutting machine" was actually the alternator for my brother's car.

In my defense, why would there be an alternator in the kitchen anyways??

Pics from:
http://www.snuffledopple.com/images/73144.jpg
http://baxters.com.au/HTML/Images/Products_Alternator2.jpg --alternator pic

3 comments:

alittlebitcrazylotsofblessings said...

Yes it is all true!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea H. said...

You are the coolest sister! Interesting lessons!

Signe said...

Say hello to Zeni from Nesradine. It is so funny to see things from their perspective. If only she knew how much it cost to have a broken car.

I must say that having an alternator in the kitchen does seem odd. I would have loved to hear about how you cut a ham with it. Great blog!