Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blossoming


Can I just say how much I LOVE having a little girl in the house? Zenebesh plays with dolls, dresses up her teddy bears, has tea parties, wears pretty princess dresses, and loves to be held and cuddled. She also wrestles with the boys and searches for caterpillars. She has a a big attitude but an even bigger heart and is so loving and sweet. The other night I hurt my shin playing softball and she got really concerned. She kept asking how I was, giving me hugs, and saying how 'mean' the man was who hit the ball at me (although it really wasn't his fault). She is LOUD and will often laugh so hard that tears start coming out of her eyes. She keeps the rest of us laughing too. Her facial expressions, her bossiness, her assumption that she runs things....it can all be absolutely hilarious. She loves to sing and thinks that that the lyrics to the song "Sing Hosanna" are actually "Sing Oh Zena!". If she doesn't see me for a day she'll call and demand "You come MY HOUSE!" and won't hang up until I agree. These are the kind of things you can't learn in a referral or social report. We've come so far from those simple descriptions of "Quiet" (HA!) and "sweet". Discovering the real Zeni has been incredible and the journey's just begun :)







6 comments:

sarah bess said...

Oh my! The bear on the bike pick! She sounds larger than life, like her bear. Brought tears to my eyes.

Andrea H. said...

Oh how do I love your Zene. Isn't that just precious how God found these kids for our families and perfectly matched them in? She has blossomed so much and I love her description how she changes from being a girly girl to being a tomboy. We really have to keep up and remind our kids of each other because they seem to forget so fast.

Andrea H. said...

Oh Kelsey, Biruk was happy and watched that video over and over but now he wants to be with Zene so badly. I keep whining I want my Zene. We have to try and get them together somehow before this summer is over.

Kathy said...

Zeri/Alemayehu loved these pictures & andrea he loved the video of Biruk!! Too bad we can't all get together!

steffany said...

Oh my gosh!!!!
Love a princess in the house!

Jennifer said...

She is just precious!