Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hair

Two days with new blog posts in a row, I am kind of proud of myself :)
Tekle and Zeni both have new hairstyles this week.
Zenebesh always insists that she wants her hair to look just like Janaya's. The problem with that is that Janaya's hairstlye looks beautiful on a teenage girl who can keep it looking good on her own, but it is not very practical for a toddler who likes to play outside, swim, and do all kinds of other activities that are hazerdous to a style like that. So to make everyone happy we showed Zeni pictures of Janaya with the box braids she always had when she was little and all of a sudden Zenebesh was thrilled to have her hair braided. Problem solved :) My mom and I worked together on her hair and she was happy to realize that she is still a faster braider than me--I tell her it's only because she has YEARS of experience! Lacy actually helped us too and Zenebesh kept asking "Why is EVERYBODY doing my hair?!"







Tekle has been asking to get his hair done for ages. Believe it or not, Isaac is our resident hair-stylist and he started the process to dread Tekle's hair. Right now they are just twists but he looks ADORABLE.




And I have a whole team of hairstlyists in the house for my hair as well--aren't you jealous??

5 comments:

Andrea H. said...

Their new hairstyles are quiet adorable. I cannot believe how much Zene looks like Janaya. Is that picture next to Zene her?

KelseyChristine said...

Yup, that's Janaya in the picture Janaya is holding! It is crazy how much they look alike!

steffany said...

Yes. I'm super jealous!
:)

KelseyChristine said...

oops i meant that's Janaya in the pic ZENEBESH is holding...

Sean and Lisa said...

What a beautiful family and what a beautiful heart!
LOVED all the pics!!
Blessings,
Lisa